Unsurprisingly, COVID-19 has taken its toll on the Fastener Industry.
Some of the reported effects are given below.
The seasonally adjusted Fastener Distributor Index (FDI) for March was 44.4, deteriorating rapidly as the COVID-19 pandemic and ensuing shutdowns took hold. Sales trends on a seasonally adjusted basis were much weaker. The six-month outlook was revised sharply lower, which along with lower employment levels pushed the Forward-Looking Indicator (FLI) down to the lowest reading in survey history. In response to this month’s supplemental question on the impacts of the economic shutdown, respondents were roughly evenly split on whether economic trends will deteriorate further from here or return to previous levels, although the percentage expecting lower activity over the next six months surged (73% vs. 32% in February).
FASTENER FAIR USA 2020 POSTPONED.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING POSTPONEMENT OF THE 2020 Fastener Fair USA
NORWALK, CT. – March 20, 2020 – Fastener Fair USA 2020 will be postponed due to the COVID-19 virus. The Show, scheduled for May 18-20 at the Charlotte, North Carolina Convention Center has been rescheduled for July 13-15, 2020 and will remain in Charlotte.
- FASTENER FAIR NEW DELHI 2020 POSTPONED
- Fastener Fair Delhi is now scheduled for 4-5 September 2020 at Pragati Maidan (ITPO) in New Delhi.
- FASTENER FAIR FRANCE 2020 POSTPONED
- Fastener Fair France to be postponed
New dates for 2nd Exhibition for Fastener and Fixing Technology to be announced in due course
2020 TAIWAN INTERNATIONAL FASTENER SHOW
“2020 Taiwan International Fastener Show” was scheduled to be held on April 21-23. After comprehensive consideration of the new coronavirus epidemic, the organizer decided to extend the exhibition date until October 14-16. at the Kaohsiung Exhibition Hall.
- FASTENER FAIR MEXICO 2020 – AS SCHEDULED
- Please note that our events in Mexico are taking place as scheduled and our status with regard to the COVID-19 virus remains unchanged: the health and safety of our exhibitors, visitors and staff is our number one priority. Currently, no federal restrictions are in place to prevent conferences, conventions, trade shows, exhibitions and travel within Mexico.
- Fastener Fair Mexico is taking place as scheduled, from June 24-25, 2020.
FASTENER TRAINING INSTITUTE offering discounted, online training videos & webinars
- . “Fastener Failures – Case Studies,” a live webinar on MAY 1st, sponsored by Optimus. This webinar will be FREE due to the generous sponsorship of Optimus.