Short Machine Taps specially designed for use in through holes and blind holes. The special straight flute holds the chips making it suitable for both through and blind holes.
These taps give efficient internal thread cutting and can be used by both machine and hand.
They are commonly used in construction, free-machining, case hardened & heat-treatable steels.
Suitable for non abrasive material up to 900 N/mm2 and unalloyed and low alloyed steel.
Download the relevant catalogues below:
CUTTING SPEED The cutting speeds for taps depend on following parameters:
– material of the workpiece
– tap geometries
– and more.
It is recommended to use one of the following cooling or lubrication methods to improve the thread results and tool life time.
Dry machining and pressurized air
For cast iron
– (Cooled) pressurized air is used for chip removal.
– Most common coolant-lubricant for thread cutting
Thread cutting oil
– Achieving excellent thread surfaces and tool life time
Thread cutting paste
– suitable for forming taps
– good results with horizontal cutting direction
– for bigger diameters and through holes
MQL – Minimum-quantity lubrication
– cooling by aerosol