BaerFix Self Tapping Inserts
BaerFix are self tapping inserts from BAER, Germany, that are designed to cut their own threads as they are being driven into a drilled hole (self tapping). This provides a secure and high strength anchor in the parent material.
BaerFix inserts do not require special tools for tapping.
BaerFix is typically used for thread repair and thread reinforcement.
- Reinforces and increases the pull-out strength especially in materials with low shear strength.
- Provides a better balance strength distribution.
- Greater effective shear surface.
- Protection against wear of thread.
- Higher corrosion resistance.
- Helps in reduction of weight and space thus minimizing total cost.
- Facilitates the repair of damaged or worn threads.
- Salvages rejected parts while maintaining the original thread size.
- Increases pull-out strength of the thread.
- Corrosion resistance.
BaerFix inserts are well suited for use in:
- Aluminium and Aluminium Alloys
- Brass, Bronze and cast-iron
- Magnesium Alloys
- Thermosettting plastics and thermoplastics
- Automobile industries : Engine, Transmission, Body Parts, Radiator, Oil Drain, Spark Plug etc.
- Medical Devices, Electronic and Laboratory Technology, Capacitors, Casings.
- Pumps, machine construction, components.
- Household appliances: vacuum cleaners, mobile phones, washing machines, electric iron etc.
- Military equipment, airplanes, tanks, scopes etc.
Range: M2 to M24
4-40UNC to 5/8″-11UNC
4-40UNF to 5/8″-11UNF
Fine Pitch for Spark Plugs
Installation by hand: