Blind Rivet Terms
Aluminium – Lightweight with good corrosion resistance.
Steel – Stronger than Aluminium with a “flash” coating of Zinc. Low corrosion resistance.
Stainless Steel A2 – Good Strength and excellent corrosion resistance.
Stainless Steel A4 – Good Strength and increased corrosion resistance
Copper – Relatively soft. Excellent corrosion resistance and conductivity.
Monel – The strongest blind rivet material with excellent corrosion resistance and conductivity. Also excellent high temperature suitability.
Material USAGE GUIDE.
Galvanic Corrosion • When dissimilar metals come into contact in the presence of an electrolyte, a galvanic action occurs which corrodes one metal at a faster rate and the other more slowly. This phenomenon can cause major riveted joint failures and care must be taken to avoid the occurrence. The following table is a guide.
|RIVET MATERIAL↓||Aluminium||Coated Steel||Stainless Steel||Copper||Brass|
|NO||Incompatible – Avoid contact with each other|
|CARE||Use with care. Painting metals will help|
1) Select materials that are as close together as possible in the Galvanic
2) Provide a barrier between the two metals, such as paint, non-metallic
washer or gaskets
3) Design the fastener as the cathode so the cathodic area is small as
compared to the anodic area
4) Use a metallic finish on the fastener that is close on the chart to the
SPECIALITY BLIND RIVETS
- GO PEEL Blind Rivets
- Peeled rivets are extremely versatile and necessary for joining softer materials without fracturing or distortions. These are particularly suitable for uneven surfaces or where oversized holes remain after repairs.
- Fixing the rivet creates a closing head with a large diameter • after setting the mandrel head might remain within the rivet body or might drop out • especially suitable for connections with wood, hardboard, fibre-glass, plasterboard or similar • relatively soft or porous materials can be joined together with high tensile forces
- Mounting of plastic, rubber, cardboard and felt elements etc.• mounting of wooden elements • construction of mobile homes • fixing of panelling and many others.
- GO-Blind-Rivets-Peel-Dome-Head Datasheet Download
Watch installation video below.