NEOPREN Rubber Expansion Nut
For complicated and special situations, the NEOPREN Rubber expansion blind nut offers a unique solution.
Also called Rubber Expansion nuts, or Well nuts, these consist of a flanged neoprene bushing with a threaded nut embedded in the non-flanged end.
As the bolt is screwed into the nut, the rubber on the other side of the hole expands and seals the bolt hole.
As the bolt is tightened, friction from the neoprene flange against the piece being fastened prevents the nut from turning.
The bushing is compressed by the nut, forming a lip behind the piece being fastened, which compresses the fastened piece and seals the bolt hole.
It can also be used in a solid workpiece. As the screw draws the embedded nut towards it, the walls of the well exert a force on the hole walls, anchoring it.
- Muffles noise
- Fastens in blind holes
- Easy one-step installation
- Dampens vibration and shock
- Helps prevent galvanic corrosion
- Helps seal out ambient moisture
- No installation tool required
Installing NEPOREN nuts is a simple task:
- A hole must be drilled into the installation material. The hole will need to be the diameter of the rubber portion of the insert.
- Then slide the insert into the hole so that the flange is the only portion of the nut exposed. At this point, a hole must be drilled into the material you wish to attach if it has not been drilled already.
- Slide a washer onto the machine screw. You want to use a washer to press down on the flange portion of the nut. Otherwise, the nut will try to spin during installation.
- Line up the two holes and insert a machine screw that matches the threading of the nut.
- Begin driving the machine screw (and washer) into the threads. As the nut tightens, the rubber portion will start to deform and pull against the back of the installation surface creating a tight strong hold.
In the construction industry – The NEOPREN Nut works as a multi-purpose anchor for use in a variety of base materials ranging from plaster board, hollow doors, and hollow building blocks.
Watch installation video below.
GO-FOUR SPLIT BLIND NUT
The split blind nut is very useful for installing internal threads in thin sheets and softer materials.
• large grip range for diverse material thickness
• particularly suitable for mounting of soft and brittle materials
• high torsional strength on rough material surfaces
• quick and easy assembly
• Automotive industry
• Wood and plastics processing industry
• Interior fitting of commercial vehicles
• Acoustic and dry construction
• Air conditioning and refrigerating technology
• Apparatus and tank construction and many more
A High Quality product from Goebel
Steel Zinc Plated