BAERCOIL THREAD INSERTS
These are wire thread inserts from BAER, Germany, made from austenitic chromium nickel steel (stainless steel AISI 304) with a material tensile strength of at least 1400 N/mm². The wire is swaged in cold form during production to a rhombic cross section ensuring performance and maximum space utilisation.
With BaerCoil thread inserts you achieve a better thread connection in regard to wear resistance, thread abrasion, surface finish, corrosion- and heat resistance than with any other single screw connection. These inserts can give material savings of up to 30%, resulting in reduced space, weight and costs. BaerCoil is typically used for thread repair and thread reinforcement.
- Reinforces and increases the pull-out strength especially in materials with low shear strength
- Provides a better balance strength distribution
- Greater effective shear surface
- Protection against wear of thread
- Higher corrosion resistance
- Helps in reduction of weight and space thus minimizing total cost
- Facilitates the repair of damaged or worn threads
- Salvages rejected parts while maintaining the original thread size
- Increases pull-out strength of the thread
- Corrosion resistance
Baercoil inserts are well suited for use in:
- Aluminium and Aluminium Alloys
- Brass, Bronze and cast-iron
- Magnesium Alloys
- Steels and plastics
- Automobile industries : Engine, Transmission, Body Parts, Radiator, Oil Drain, Spark Plug etc.
- Aerospace : Engines, assembly parts reinforcement.
- Medical Devices, Electronic and Laboratory Technology, Capacitors, Casings.
- Pumps, machine construction, components
Military equipment, airplanes, tanks, scopes etc.
Stainless Steel – AISI-304 – Low cost inserts useful for most applications. For medium temperature applications. Provides good wear and corrosion resistance.
Stainless Steel – AISI-316 – Very useful for Aerospace, Marine, Chemical, Pharmaceutical and food procession industries. High corrosion resistance. Relatively expensive with lower availability.
Bronze – Specialty material provides high wear and temperature resistance. Being non-magnetic can be used in applications with magnetic sensitivity. Very useful for Aerospace and Medical applications. Plan for higher price, limited range and reduced availability.
Inconel X750 – for high temperature applications
Nimonic 90 – for high temperature applications
M1.6 to M42
2-56UNC to 1.1/2″-6UNC
2-56UNF to 1.1/2″-12UNF
Fine Pitch for Spark Plugs
Available as free running inserts and locking thread inserts.
For accurate installation of wire thread inserts, proper high quality tooling is essential and Baercoil Taps and Tools are the perfect compliment to the inserts.