Low Profile or Wafer Head Screws.
These are extremely suitable for tight spaces and for reducing component weight.
With the miniaturisation of a large number of products, this has become an invaluable addition to the range of screws.
With a flattened fastening face, this supports layers of parts.
Made from Steel with a Black Coating, this has many advantages.
- Magnetic to facilitate easy holding to the driver bit.
- Black coated to match with most electronic assemblies and light absorption.
- Low profile head for space and weight saving.
- Lengths as short as 2 mm for an M2 screw available.
- Lengths in decimals also available eg. 2.5, 3.5 etc
-For flat surface design without head edge
-For smooth appearance design
In installation where the part does not permit deep enough holes to make a countersunk.
Use in Laptops and computers.
Saves space and permits flexible design.
Available in Steel BLACK coated.
Sizes: M1.2 to M3
Low Profile X-REC Machine Screws (Laptop Screws) A6B16 – Download Datasheet
- Always keep the tightening torque within the recommended torque range. This will prevent screw and joint failure. Using a torque enabled driver is recommended.
- Check tapped hole with thread plug gauge before assembly to ensure perfect installation.
- Use a good quality Drive bit and check that there is no excessive play before applying torque.