One of the most popular ways to terminate a rope is to form it into a loop or eye. A loop/eye enables easier attaching to most anchoring points. However, there are often occasions that need a stronger, sturdier loop because a standard, un-reinforced eye can be easily damaged. The addition of a steel thimble will counteract this.
- Wire rope thimbles or cable thimbles are used in wire rope assemblies to form and protect an eye or loop from bending or collapse.
- The wire rope thimble is inserted as a form for the eye, allowing the rope to be guided into a natural curve, and the cable is then secured using a wire rope sleeve or wire rope clips and can be attached to a hook or similar hanging point. Wire rope thimbles preserve the shape.
Wire Rope Clip
- Wire rope clips are used on wire rope eye-loop connections or complete loops, end-to-end connections where socketing or splicing is not feasible or when a temporary joint is required.
- Sometimes called a u-bolt clamp or u-bolt clip, its used to clamp the loose end of a length of wire rope, once it has been looped back to form an eye.
- Wire Rope Clips- SS316-Datasheet