SEMS Screws are screws pre-assembled with free spinning washers. The assembly typically contains one plain washer and one split spring washer. The washers are held in place with the major diameter of the thread being larger than the hole of the washer. This is achieved by inserting the washers before thread rolling.
SEMS screws provide design and manufacturing efficiencies by combining multiple parts, captive washer and screw, into one versatile fastener. This has many benefits which have revolutionised assembly manufacturing processes, particularly in the Aerospace Avionics sector.
– Increased productivity by eliminating hand assembly of washers with the screws.
– Permanent assembly ensuring that the washers are not misplaced.
– Safety for the product as there is no chance of a washer being dropped into the assembly.
– One part to inventory, track and assemble.
Available in PAN Phillips drive in Stainless Steel AISI 304. Ready stock from M2.5 to M6.
Other head styles on order.
SEMS can be used anywhere where a screw and washer(s) are required. Application examples below:
- Avionic communication systems
- Flight control systems
- Electronic engine control systems
- Electronic warfare and countermeasures
- Infra-red systems and cameras
- Missile & ground munition systems
- Naval & ground fire control systems
- Display systems
- Control consoles
- Battery packs
- PCB assembly
- Drone sub assemblies