BAERfix Self Tapping Inserts
BAERFIX SELF TAPPING INSERTS
BaerFix are self tapping inserts from BAER, Germany, that are designed to cut their own threads as they are being driven into a drilled hole (self tapping). This provides a secure and high strength anchor in the parent material. BaerFix inserts do not require special tools for tapping. BaerFix is typically used for thread repair and thread reinforcement.
- Reinforces and increases the pull-out strength especially in materials with low shear strength
- Provides a better balance strength distribution
- Greater effective shear surface
- Protection against wear of thread
- Higher corrosion resistance
- Helps in reduction of weight and space thus minimizing total cost
- Facilitates the repair of damaged or worn threads
- Salvages rejected parts while maintaining the original thread size
- Increases pull-out strength of the thread
- Corrosion resistance
BaerFix inserts are well suited for use in:
- Aluminium and Aluminium Alloys
- Brass, Bronze and cast-iron
- Magnesium Alloys
- Thermosettting plastics and thermoplastics
- Automobile industries : Engine, Transmission, Body Parts, Radiator, Oil Drain, Spark Plug etc.
- Medical Devices, Electronic and Laboratory Technology, Capacitors, Casings.
- Pumps, machine construction, components
- Household appliances: vacuum cleaners, mobile phones, washing machines, electric iron etc.
- Military equipment, airplanes, tanks, scopes etc.
Case hardened Steel, zinc plated, yellow chromated
Stainless Steel – AISI-303
M2 to M24
4-40UNC to 5/8″-11UNC
4-40UNF to 5/8″-11UNF
Fine Pitch for Spark Plugs
Download Baerfix Slotted Inserts Catalogue
Also see BaerCoil Wire Thread Inserts for thread repair.