LOCKING THREAD INSERTS
BAERCOIL SCREW GRIP LOCKING THREAD INSERT
BaerCoil Screw Grip locking thread inserts have one or more polygon formed windings which have a clamping effect on the flanks of the inserted screw. This forms an elastic and flexible frictional connection. Due to this screw clamping or screw locking effect, it is recommended to use screws with a higher property class (from 8.8 onward) with these inserts.
Under no circumstances should “black” (with heat treatment scale) bolts be used. BaerCoil Screw Grip locking thread inserts are predominantly used in areas where screw connections must remain tight while exposed to impacts, constant vibrations and movements.
- Insert has one or more of its intermediate coils deformed polygonally.
- Creates strong resilient pressure onto the thread flanks of the bolt or screw as it passes through.
- This built in prevailing Torque of the Grip-Coil positively locks the Bolt or Screw safeguarding against loosening under vibration or impact.
- The Bolts or Screws can be inserted by hand up to the Grip-Coil, after which some mechanical mean (spanner, wrench or driver) must be employed to overcome the prevailing torque.
The clamping torque is comparable to the indications in DIN 267 Part 15 and ISO 2320. BaerCoil® “screw grip” thread inserts are predominantly used in areas where screw connections must remain tight while exposed to impacts, constant vibrations and movements
- Available in both, metric and inch series
- M2 to M24
- UNC: 2-56 to 1″
- BSW: 3/16 to 1″
- Coloured red for identification
- Conforms to DIN 8140