What are SHACKLES…A shackle or a Link are primary locking fasteners, connecting links in all manner of rigging systems, from boats and ships to industrial crane rigging, as they allow different rigging subsets to be connected or disconnected quickly.
A shackle is a U-shaped piece of metal secured with a clevis pin or bolt across the opening, or a hinged metal loop secured with a quick-release locking pin mechanism.
- A Turnbuckle is a special locking fastener that holds under tension and will not accidentally open. All turnbuckles are assembled with a spring mechanism which holds it under safe tension until its manually operated to release the lock.
- This metal fastener installs in seconds without the use of tools. Primarily replacing Rings & Pins used to attach webbing to connecting points for eg children rides
- Quick Links-SS-316-Datasheet
- Also known as Carabiners, are a specialized type of shackle, a metal loop or spine having a spring-load or screw locking gate, used to quickly and reversibly connect components, most notably in safety-critical systems. allow for quick attachments to either side of the tether. These sheaths feature multiple attachment points for key rings, cord, etc. Used extensively by mountaineers, hot air balloons, sailing, construction, window cleaning, industrial rope works etc.
- Spring Hooks-SS316-Datasheet
- Wire rope thimbles or cable thimbles are used in wire rope assemblies to form and protect an eye or loop from bending or collapse. The wire rope thimble is inserted as a form for the eye, allowing the rope to be guided into a natural curve, and the cable is then secured using a wire rope sleeve or wire rope clips and can be attached to a hook or similar hanging point. Wire rope thimbles preserve the shape.
Wire Rope Clip
- Wire rope clips are used on wire rope eye-loop connections or complete loops, end-to-end connections where socketing or splicing is not feasible or when a temporary joint is required. Sometimes called a u-bolt clamp or u-bolt clip, its used to clamp the loose end of a length of wire rope, once it has been looped back to form an eye.
- Wire Rope Clips- SS316-Datasheet
A D shackle is a material handling device shaped like the smallest round of a chain and equipped with a pin like enclosure—which may or may not be threaded.